Thursday, May 12, 2016

Little Peanut Arrived

On January 11,2016, my little bundle was born. Being a first time mom I didn’t know what to expect. I didn’t know what was going to happen, how much pain there was going to be.  I was more scared of the unknown than what was really happening.

Sunday, January 10, I wake up and got ready for the day and I already knew it was time. Our little baby boy was going to come into the world either that day or the next. I didn’t have any pains but the plug was out. I told my husband, “babe I think today might be it.” Still no pain, so we went on with our day. I was on edge wasn’t sure what to do. I kept trying to see if I feel him moving, if I feel anything, if I should call the doctor, if I should go to the hospital. Just didn’t know what to do and I didn’t want to tell others and have them all sit around and worry and wait with me. My mother called a few times and wanted to come over but I was afraid to tell her what was going on because she is the type that panics.

Well my husband decided, if the baby was really going to come today and he would be taking time off from work, he needs to finish a few things at the office. By this time I was feeling some pain. Very minor cramps nothing serious and we drove out to his work place. He came home finished his work, went got a hair-cut, showered and shaved…. Oh then he got hungry so he ate. While I am there having cramps…. My husband is a character… haha

By this time I had told my brother also and he was over at the house with us. Around 6 I noticed that my contractions where 5 minutes apart and still the pain was just minor cramps…. I wasn’t sure if that was normal and I was getting scared because I couldn’t remember the last time I felt him move. We decided to go to the hospital to make sure everything was alright.

When we got to the hospital they checked and they said everything is good but he wasn’t ready to come out yet. They gave me the option of either staying at the hospital or going back home until my contractions where stronger. I decided to go home, where I would be more comfortable.

As I got home slowly my contractions were getting stronger. I remembered everything I had learned in my birth class and also I had read an amazing birth book which helped me emotionally and mentally. Around 10:00 PM, I was ready to go back to the hospital not because I wasn’t able to handle the pain but more because I was getting scared. I do have to say, I made a good choice of being at home because at the hospital just laying on the bed with all those things wrapped on my belly, I was more uncomfortable and scared which seemed like my contractions where more painful.

After a few more hours this was it, the baby was going to come soon. That’s when we decided to let my mom know so she can come to the hospital to see the baby when he arrived. We did have a few complications and a few scares but after pushing for an hour, our little peanut had arrived.


He was finally here



No comments:

Post a Comment