Wednesday, May 11, 2016

At Last The Seed Was Planted

Being a parent is hard work, especially a first time mom. You never realize how much there is to think about when you are a parent. You have the life of this small innocent child in your hands and everything you do will impact them.

When I was younger and I thought of a 30 some year old, I always thought of an old person, someone my parent’s age. But now I’m currently 32 and feel like a little girl at times. I always thought that I would be like my parents at this age. Done with having kids, focusing on my career because my children would already be in elementary at least.

Well I was all wrong.

I didn’t get married until I was 27 and now a days that is pretty normal. In the beginning of our marriage we were focused on each other and not thinking of children. As I was getting closer to being 30 I was starting to freak out, I would have to say. As I was growing up I would always hear people say you need to have kids soon, after 30 it’s a lot harder. Especially being an Armenian, I was hearing it from everyone. Get this when we came back from our honeymoon the moms were asking me if I have a surprise for them (as in if I am pregnant). MMMMM moms last I checked it didn’t happen that way and that fast…. Gzzzzz and if I did get pregnant on my honeymoon I wouldn’t know until at least a month later.

Come on give me a break.

Well when we did decide to finally start having children… ooo that was a hard and long journey for us. We kept trying for years and nothing. I wouldn’t get pregnant. I went to all the doctors got checked for everything both my husband and I. All the tests would come back normal and I still wasn’t pregnant. I was thinking great I waited too long and who knows if it will ever happen. There were times that I would just give up because I didn’t know what to do and for some reason everyone around me was getting pregnant. I would see pregnant females everywhere. All my friends were getting pregnant too. I had at least 4 friends who all were pregnant.

I was getting desperate. I decided to go ahead and try Clomid …. Well I did what was it like 5 cycles and still nothing….. so we moved on to the second stage…. And tried IUI and we did that 3 more times and still nothing… NOTHING…. How can two healthy people who have nothing wrong with them not be able to get pregnant? I didn’t even know what I can do, what I can change to increase our chances.

Well we finally decided we just need to go for it and try IVF…. We met with the doctor… set everything up to start the next month and guess what

I WAS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg finally I was pregnant…. I didn’t believe it. I took 3 pregnancy tests and I went in and got a blood test and I still didn’t believe it. It took me a week before I even told my husband because I kept telling myself this is not real, I’m about to start my period there is no point of me telling him.


I finally was pregnant at the age of 31


No comments:

Post a Comment